Tuesday 8 May 2007

HAPPINESS

Just now I felt strangely happy. I skipped across the kitchen, feeling light and breezy. It is not often that adults do such things, especially when no particular event has caused such frivolity and no alcohol has passed their lips. I paused to wonder at this and put the reason down to the arrival of a true autumn day - crisp air, sunshine, damp soil and also the fact that I had lit the first fire for the year, this evening.

Funny how some people love the heat of summer and others, like me, smile from ear to ear when the chill sets in. Whether its foggy, raining or sunny, so long as the soil is wet and the air is crisp I am happy. So, if you thought I seemed like a pretty happy sort of person up until now, you ain't seen nothin' yet !

All my little seedlings are popping up - peas, broad beans and earlier sowings are growing well - Kath's broccoli, fennel, kale, red onions etc. And I have basil self-sown and growing under my plastic domes ! Skippety doo !

No comments: