Wednesday 7 November 2007

Made for each other





Several years ago I came across an article about hypertuta – a type of pot made from a mix of cement, sand and peat moss. These pots were used by collectors of alpine and rock plants.
Being a sucker for a new project and keen to make some pots of my own, I made a few including a bird bath. I also experimented using small shells I brought back from Smokey Bay instead of peat. I even covered an old bath to make a pond. OH what fun I had .
They have developed with age and they have been useful as pots, housing various plants
But at Herb Day I found an alpine plant, the plant that symbolizes the Alpine regions of Europe- Edelweiss.
So it has a new home in one of my hypertuta pots.














Today I managed to photograph my favorite small bird a Scarlet Robin

No comments: