Wednesday 26 March 2008

GIVE ME THE BEET

How does that song go? ....

"Give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away....."

I have had this song in the back of my mind all afternoon, ever since I lifted the cover off the soil we prepared last Wednesday when the garden group came here, and that earthy aroma of good compost, warmth and rain drifted up to me. Beside me, ready to plant out, were the trays of beetroot seedlings that I had sown in late February, ....but for ages - hours actually - I didn't realise the words had changed in my head....

"Give me the beet, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in this beautiful soil and drift away...."


The sedums are still changing colourThese tiny capsicums are from a punnet of seedlings I bought called 'Mini Mama'. They are ever so tiny. Cute but a bit useless!






This is my Cherry Guava's first year and it has lots of fruit ripening.




Here are the wombok having just germinated 2 days ago.







One lone plant of Cath's yellow cornos capsicums is turning yellow. The rest are a magnificent red. I have put photos of them here before. Actually, I am glad they are red - they are so spectacular and sweet.

2 comments:

Veggie Gnome said...

Tiny capsicums are great! Stuff them with some feta and you have a delightful starter! Great snacks, too. :) Enjoy them.

Pattie Baker said...

Kate--What is a wombak?