Tuesday 27 May 2008

Tumbeela Native Bushfoods



Lot 47 Beaumont Road,
Verdun
South Australia, 5245, Australia


Walk among the fields of lemon myrtle trees and taste and smell Australian native bush food at its best. Come and pick your own, it's a sensory experience like no other. Taste our mountain pepper berries or freshly picked riberries. A wide range of bush food products and gifts are on sale including our exquisite, nationally acclaimed lemon myrtle. A choice selection of bush food plants is available for sale.

Full tours are available for 6-20 people and small picking parties are welcome. The Tumbeela setting, featured in ABC's Gardening Australia, is idyllic, nestled quietly in the Adelaide Hills south of Mount Lofty and five minutes from Hahndorf.

Bush Tucker, Fruit Picking, Shopping.

I took these photos in December 2006 at the lovely Stirling Markets, 4th Sunday of each month.
There are a few more if you click on the photos link or click here.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Maggie, always the naughty one, aren't you! Putting this post on just when I said I wasn't going to write anything until some serious you-tube watching had been done!

Maggie said...

I started it before you were even awake, you know how long it takes me, but I did it all on my own so watch out, the photos will be leaping off the blog soon!

Kate said...

I bet you weren't up at 5am when I was!! I am glad you are getting the hang of putting the photos on but you were the one who has been pestering me for weeks to put that video on, Maggie!I guess blogs attract people like you and Vegie Gnome and me who are a bit recalcitrant!

Veggie Gnome said...

Yes. Definitely recalcitrant. :)