Thursday 19 June 2008

LIFE - WHO'D BE WITHOUT IT!


Today, as usual, I took my mother's dog for a walk on the beach. It was the first time this year that I needed to wear my beanie and that my toes went numb from walking in the sea. This is when I am happiest! I had a nice cosy, comfortable feeling because life is good, winter is here, the aphids are finally dying off and leaving my brassicas alone and the wind blew all the cobwebs out of my head!
I thought these shadows of me were pretty cool!




After lunch with my mother we went outside and checked on her pea. And guess what! My mother's pea seed is up through the soil and showing a nice strong green tip!

We just never know what is going to happen from one week to the next, do we.....Life is good, take it as it comes and be thankful for it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm loving the winter, too, Kate. If for no other reason than the bloody white-fly has been exterminated!!

chaiselongue said...

Lovely long winter shadows, Kate. Your posts always remind me of the cycle of the year, since you're writing from the other side of the world. I'm happiest here, now, when the real summer light, heat and dryness is beginning, and less happy in autumn and winter with the cold, dark evenings. But one of the wonderful things about gardening is that as one season ends the new one, and new plans, are just beginning, so it's always exciting.