Monday 29 December 2008

SEAWEED, GOOD FOR THE GARDEN, GOOD FOR US.


As veggie gardeners it is always good to find new ways to use vegetables, fruits, herbs and sea vegetables. I have just found this great blog written by Heidi and called 101 cookbooks.
You will find a delicious seaweed, wild rice salad recipe here as well as great idea for all sorts of veggies.
The image comes from an article from the Eco Times entitled Superfood News: Sea Vegetables by Seth Braun. It mentions Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, great local food for our KGI Maine friends.
There are lots of great sites talking about organic seaweed.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I have found wifi in Moonta! Recently I picked some seaweed from the sea and cooked it and it was dreadful....all chewy. But I think if I knew what I was doing I could fine something edible. It would at least make good stock for soup. I will get some more when I go snorkelling maybe tomorrow....but I won't have wifi then...