Sunday 1 February 2009

Watery loopholes...

Now, I can't claim to know much about Aussie girls (being married to a European) but I reckon they've all fallen for the same bloke, some chap called Jim 'Gym' Pilates, whose got his sign out the front of a place down on the main road, and dozens of young Aussie girls' cars parked out the front. I can hear Jim in there shouting at them about keeping their water up while they jump around to his orders, so perhaps they're doing some sort of indoor gardening down there?
I recall one of Jim's great ancestors, Pontius Pilates, was also pretty famous some 2000 years ago, calling for water to wash his hands any time he had to make an unpopular decision...
Nobody deserves to see me in gym shorts, but that doesn't matter. I've got the Government of South Australia to help me keep fit. I guess they hadn't counted on pig-headed old blokes like me when they drafted up the Level 3 water restrictions - they left a loop-hole! It says: "Watering cans and buckets can be used on any day/time."
Great, I say! I never use drippers or hoses with nozzles (both restricted to 3 hours per week). I can hump watering cans for up to two hours at a time, three times per day if needs be, seven days a week. At 15 litres per fill, I reckon I can move almost a tonne of water per day. And sometimes I do!

1 comment:

Veggie Gnome said...

Yes!!
People seem to have forgotten the old 'art' of watering with watering cans. They complain they can't water the garden! Not true, they just can't saturate their gardens by means of an irrigation system. But it's all the same to them. If they can't use sprinklers or an irrigation system - to them it means they can't water. How ridiculous!

Good on you, Andrew, for pointing this out. Good luck! :)