Monday 7 July 2008

SHADOWS AND RAINDROPS

No gardening today because, for the first time for over a year, it rained all day...but time to catch some of the beauty that the rain leaves behind....to me there is nothing more inspiring...(click to enlarge them)

image...there are the silhouettes...
..and the pirouettes...image
image ...there are reflections...
...and refractions...image
image ....there is the detail...
and the whole.... image
image...then there are the diamonds...
and the ballerinas...image

9 comments:

me said...

Beautiful photos kate

Did you go out to walk in the rain?

Unknown said...

Nice photos! I love rainy days!

Kate said...

I did go out in the rain to pick some vegetables but I didn't take my camera out in the rain or go for a walk! I took these photos in several very brief forrays out between the showers.

Anonymous said...

I guess there's a long way to go before your drought is over, but I'm glad you're getting some rain anyway.

Nice pictures!

Ian said...

Lovely photos Kate. Maybe now you're getting some rain, you should be growing the Comfrey and Yams.

chaiselongue said...

Beautiful photos, Kate, and I've glad you've had rain at last. I hope it's enough to make some difference.

Anonymous said...

There are few things I love more than rain - glorious rain! So happy to hear you had a day full of it. Thank you for the lovely photos :-). Harvested my first snow peas two days ago. Pictures on our site if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos Kate and a thoroughly enjoyable blog, I will be back :)

Blessings:)

Deborah Cantrill said...

See your enjoying your new camera Kate. Today is raining as well well actually there showers no sign of the rain word yet.