Friday 22 August 2008

THURSDAY DINNER

image image
Winter is a wonderful time for Asian greens and tonight I picked the first of the most recent batches of my favourite bok choy. They are fresh, crisp, succulent, attractive, have beautiful curves.... and taste so good when cooked and eaten only minutes after picking, still dripping with raindrops. And here is another perfect fennel, some broccoletti, Deb's mustard greens, coriander, and other bits and pieces.Together with some spring rolls it was a great dinner.
image image

4 comments:

han_ysic said...

That looks delicious. I have a bunch of brocoletti I picked this morning at home, waiting for me to make into dinner tonight...can't wait.
Hannah

Veggie Gnome said...

Fantastic.

But I think I have fennel envy now. Yours looks sooo good. The seedlings I received from you were partly eaten by slugs and snails. But some survived and I hope they'll grow as big as yours.

I shall go out and tell them what their cousins look like. That should spur them on.

Ian said...

Hi Kate. You are making me very hungry. I have just sown fennel and I will be happy if it comes through looking a fraction as good as yours... and the deliciously curvy Bok Choy.... what can I say....

Unknown said...

hi Kate, great effort. Just one question. How do you keep the slugs away? My Asian greens were decimated by the slimey buggers. I have tried most organic methods to deter them, but to no avail. Any tips would be most welcome.