Friday 14 March 2008

SOWING GUIDE AND FRUIT RECIPE

Sowing Guide
No its not a sewing guide ! I am not that keen on sewing but I love sowing. As the "day of the Cool Change" slowly approaches it is time to try to remember what you had planned to sow when hell hit! In case you need help I thought I would remind you about the sowing guide that I put in the links ever so long ago. The cool weather and the full moon are due to collide somewhere over our homes before too long and, if I were you (well actually I am one of you) I would be standing poised to sow then or a little before because it is good to get things going before the impossible happens and the soil starts to cool down.

Fruit Recipe
Totally unrelated but worth mentioning is this Moroccan dressing recipe I printed off of Food Safari. Once again I think I might just have a big bowl of home-grown fruits for dinner and this sounds like a nice change:
serves 3
1/2 cup water
1/2 small cassia or cinnamon stick
1 tsp orange blossom water
1 Tbl sugar (I think I would use a lot less than that, 1 tsp or none)
1 Tbl lemon juice
5 mint leaves, torn

Combine all except mint in a saucepan and simmer 5 minutes. Cool and chill. Mix dressing through a bowl of fruit salad, with the mint leaves.
Yum and so cooling.

No comments: